Tuesday, October 19, 2010

headache at work

Life is cruel because it refuses to give us balance. We don’t have exactly 12 hours of day and 12 hours of night. So, like all great humans in history, we strive to have balance within ourselves. Here comes all the talk about yin and yang to find inner peace. Seriously, is it too much to ask for a balance?

I had a girls’ night out recently. Fang and pee were saying they are having work overload syndrome that they could hardly breathe at work. That’s when they treasure any time they can find out of the office to chill and relax.

I feel ashamed of myself. I am not too sure if it is because of the nature of this month or the job. There is minimum production going on in the line to the extent I had a headache for staring at the laptop screen the whole day. There is 1 big thing I need to do at work but it is not within my control. I have to wait for person A to reply to me to discuss with person B to make a decision. This is the long and tedious cycle for response among different parties. Furthermore, how can I forget the time wasting consuming morning meetings I have? Here, here, you have an unmotivated worker blogging.

Where is the work-life balance I am looking for? There is no work in my life and my life has too little time to play. Some people may not find any fault with this because the company is basically paying me for doing nothing. But my close friends will know I cannot stand this. I feel like I am wasting my time away. 9 hours away in this small prison cell somewhere at depot road, living in misery. I could have done something more during these 9 hours than sitting by desk trying to figure out ways to kill time.

I need a balance, probably yoga is next.

No comments: